Tuesday, March 15, 2016

My Voice

I’m glad we had until Wednesday to write this blog because while I’ve been able to process some parts of our trip well, other parts are still coming in. Anyway, let’s begin.

One of the biggest moments of the trip happened right off the bat for me, at the Atlanta Civil and Human Rights Museum. There was a clip in an exhibit showing this…well, why don’t you just watch it below:



Every time I’ve recounted this story to someone I’ve cried. It just…I feel like I can’t adequately explain in words how this affected me. I think my writing is good, but I find it hard to convey the tones and emotions I was feeling at the time. And that’s why below I’ve attached an audio file that I recorded during the trip, a file where I spoke my mind about everything I had heard. I created this at 10:30 at night after having done MLK’s march on Washington by myself (after having done it with the group).

Like I said in the opening paragraph, I do still have to process everything I’ve heard. I have this desire to put it into a cohesive narrative, whether or not that is even necessary. But for now this audio file will do. Enjoy~

https://soundcloud.com/mattmignogna/sets/civil-rights-thoughts


No comments:

Post a Comment