Friday, January 8, 2016

i still have things to say

Yesterday I watched a video from Jake Roper after he’d learned he had Sarcoma, a type of cancer. He talked about how his biggest fear isn’t dying, but not being able to make and do and be all the things he wants to. I never thought about death in that particular light, but I realized I share Jake’s fear exactly. I’m worried that, as Jake says, “I'll leave this world at some point with not enough of me left in it.” Whether it’s through YouTube or photoshop or Live Hangouts, or blogs, I have this desire to create things. So I created something last night: a video that was uploaded today

I said basically all of those things but in a less digestible way (I recorded the video in the spur of the moment and my thoughts weren’t yet coherently collected). But now that they are I can say them with more clarity: I will be putting out more content because I want to get my ideas out there. 

If I wanted to publish more videos similar to those I do now, I think I’d work myself to death. Because that doesn’t sound fun, I’m instead adding a certain type of video in addition to the videos I normally put out. These videos will differ in two noticeable ways.
  1. They’ll have a less tightly-edited style, meaning they’ll be similar to vloggers and the video I just posted.
  2. Instead of doing complex analyses of publications and/or science, they’ll be more focused on thoughts and conjecture (haha very funny). For example, is a narrator accountable for the information they read?


I’ve posted these ideas for a while on this blog, but I might as well do it on YouTube, too. I think that’s the best way to get all of this out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment